Wednesday 9 February 2011

Mug Wraps

I have developed some more of my initial ideas that I felt could be adapted for mug collections, the first I have introduced type into the design, this just makes the theme more obvious on the mug. The idea behind this would be to illustrate a range of designs with the mug having something different on it, this first has leaves another could have trees a third bark etc. I think this style would work really well will the heat cover as you wont know what designs you get underneath. However this is slightly boring in comparison to some of the others, for me to get the full idea I think designing the whole collection would help me decide if this was a strong enough concept to develop.

The second design is based again on leaves and this as with the others would be a collection of 4, each mug would have leaves but the colours would relate to the season. I like this idea the concentration on illustration and colour is much more interesting that the above. This design I feel appeals more to the style of a mug, people buying the mug will be for the 'look' of the mug and not just because money from it will go towards the woodland. Its important that my designs look attractive as people dont want to buy a boring ordinary mug, which they can buy at any supermarket.


The final design is based on a pattern, currently im not sure how I can adapt this to work across four different designs, unless the 4 mugs just had one design. However I do like the repeat pattern, its fits in really well with the theme and style of the NT, but I question whether this is interesting enough to be bought and sold, its very uniform and restricted, unlike the above leaves or the earlier posts of the trees, I think perhaps these work much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment