Friday 18 February 2011

Woodland management and history

These mug mock ups are from the concept looking at the history of trees, I have tried to incorporate some woodland management into the concept, as this isn't strong enough to work alone. I wanted to use this concept to introduce type into the mugs, I have done this with quotes I have found from the NT website which I feel fit really well with the brief. This first design, type and meaning wise I think works really well, however the image is meant to be tree tops and I dont think this is very clear, perhaps a wrap around a mug would help visualise this better.


The second mock up works a bit better but the layout still needs looking at, I like the idea of the trees surrounding the type, for this I have used existing illustrations from earlier but if I were to use this as a final design I think illustrating the trees around the type from scratch would help achieve a much more fluid layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment