Wednesday 2 February 2011

Tree Illustrations

I really enjoyed drawing these and as I was, I could imaging potential layouts across mugs and various pieces of pottery. These singular trees work much better than the previous posed illustration. I think this is perhaps simply due to the fact it is obvious they are trees. Im really excited to develop these and have lots of ideas to incorporate photography and silhouettes of trees. Whilst I am illustrating, I want my designs to help show the beauty of the trees, especially as the basis of the brief is to promote woodland and saving it. I don't want the drawings to look ugly or scary as this would be a negative view and wouldn't help promote at all. As well as this, these will be printed on mugs and people buying them wont want ugly mugs.





No comments:

Post a Comment