Saturday 19 February 2011

Woodland management and history

I have developed some new mug wraps, based on a new concept as I feel its necessary I explore more than one idea with this. These are the next step from the initial illustrations I had drawn previously. The first is based on the roots of a tree, something which is visual outside the tree for you to see the age and history of the tree. I have photographed some roots which I have previously posted and they are so interesting all the weaving in and out of one another. This illustration doesn't portray this the best, however if I am going to use the root idea I will develop this further.


These second two illustrations are developed from the rings of a tree, the more rings a tree has the older the tree is, its really interesting to look at all the different shapes of the rings and amounts, especially on ancient trees (the second illustration) the breaks in the wood create added texture. These work really well and I think the next best thing will be for me to mock them up on a mug to see how well they work.



These second two mug wraps are based on the bark of the tree, they dont work as well as the original drawings or even the rubbings. But I still really like how they work and they show a lot of texture with the collage and line work. I think these need developing with a different background as the collage is perhaps too fussy for the detailed line work.


No comments:

Post a Comment