Monday 14 March 2011

Design Ideas - Wallpaper 1

As I mentioned in some earlier development posts, I felt the alloy patterns reminded me of flowers, so I have decided to use this as a theme as basis for the first wallpaper. All of my designs for this section are for the digitally printed wallpaper, I recently have had contact with a printers whom I have visited twice now and they have kindly offered to print this for me, so I will have the 'real life' industrial printed wallpaper. This also allows me to print on different stocks of which I have already looked at and chosen, which will help me decide upon my design.

As I mentioned above the theme for the Digital wallpaper is now going to be flowers, however the basis from this design is still originally influenced from the tread of tyres placed around different silhouettes of alloy wheels. This first set of wallpapers looks at a vine look, this style is very popular and in trend at the moment. Although this wallpaper is classed as the 'low end' option I still want to try and achieve an expensive look with the wallpaper. For some reason I love wallpapers that have pale and cool colours to them I feel they have a more expensive and modern look to them, than bright bold colours. This blue is works really well, but it very typical of other work I have produced so I am going to experiment with some other colours I like on wallpapers, but those which still fit with the theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment