Thursday 3 March 2011

Kate Slater

I love Kate Slaters work, I have previously posted her work in relation to other briefs. She works with paper and hand cuts forms and shapes hangs them from wire to create a beautiful piece of work. I find it amazing that her main source material is paper, one of my aims from 3rd year was to expand and develop my collage skills, this style with my own twist would looks beautiful for the book cover and really capture a child's imagination.


The brief emphasises a focus on type and how this can be used with illustration for an exciting new cover, I am not particularly a lover of type but I do really enjoy working with decorative and hand made type, below is a poster Kate Slater has published which focuses heavily on type I really like the mix of different styles and weight, something like this could really work for me and what I want to get from the cover, for me to do this I need to experiment with different paper and font styles to see what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment