Monday 14 March 2011

Mug Wraps

I wanted to start this week off, with a more abstract and experimentational feel to the mug designs. I have decided to move away from the typical woodland trees to begin with and introduce more colours and shapes to my designs. This first design incorporates an organic shape surrounding the tree, the shape Accidentally is similar to a leaf, which is really nice, its add a bit of meaning to something which is quite random. These designs are much more modern than the earlier posts, they look more expensive and are typical of a pattern which could be run across a range of products not just mugs, I think this alone helps these designs stand out from the previous. The first design, isn't the strongest however I feel with some work on the colour and change of tree and shape on each image this would be a much stronger wrap.


This second mug wrap, looks at other aspects of a tree and not just the tree, I wanted to introduce different things to the mug wraps that were not just trees but things related to trees. Below I have include the rings from the bark and a leaf, the leaf looks really beautiful and is probably the strongest of the 3 images. However the colours aren't working strong enough for this design I am going to look further at mixing this up.


This design works much better with the dark blue being the dominant colour, I have previously used light blues and greens, but the darker blue makes the image much more powerful and adds an expensive quality to it, which some of the others lack. This design would work really well in a set, each mug could have different elements of a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment