Tuesday 5 April 2011

Contextual References

These two sets of cards don't play on the obvious symbolism the same sex cards I have found so far have they aren't obviously for gay marriages. The first uses the colouring for gay pride, but aside from that it isn't an obvious same sex card, which I quite like however it does lack romance and love, its a bit too bright and quirky for me. The second card again isn't an obvious same sex card either, here they have played on the use of working and quoted the work 'partners' something gay and lesbians are generally referred as. Although I like the simplicity behind the ideas of these cards I do feel they have moved too far away from the theme of marriages, they are more like valentines day or love cards and not wedding cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment