Tuesday 5 April 2011

Pressision Print

Today I went for a visit to a decorative print studio in Leeds called Precision Print, I really wanted to see how foil blocking worked in real life, and not just the hand crafted ways of screen of laser ink in college. I go the opportunity to see how the foil blocking worked on the machines, they have 2 foiling machines at pressision both at least 80 years old but they quality was still perfect. It was explained to me that a dye was crated (image one) and this was used as a template for the foil, the plate was heated up and foil layered on the stock to stick. The method is not far off what we use with the heating process and the foil material is the same (image two). I have posted all the images of the foil machines below they were really interesting with lots of different components, it was really encouraging for me to see how decorative work is created on a professional scale.

http://www.pressision.co.uk/index.html






No comments:

Post a Comment