Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Rooms

Living Room

Wallpaper printing - This section will look at 3 different ways of printing wallpaper, I already have some research on this section of basic wallpaper printing, so to try and get some more in depth research I want to find bespoke and handcrafted wallpaper printing methods. I think this will help the wallpaper section much more interesting than simply regular print methods.

Wallart - Something almost everyone has as a centre piece in their living Room but I need to keep the research as focused on Graphic Design print production as possible. The areas that have been suggested to me to look into are Canvas Printing and Photographic Printing I would like to have a 3rd and their are only two sections to this room, so its important I get some feedback on where else I could expand this.

Bedroom

Decals - an alternative to Wallpaper and something I am interested in developing as my work seems to be focused mainly on home wear, the main source of this research will be to see how they are produced and cut into shape as they are usually quite intricate and detailed. The production method on a mass scale would be unlike anything I have produced.

Lighting - A feature in every room however I chose to use the Lighting for bedroom, as most other rooms have glass fitting lights and the bedroom tends to have more fabric based lighting, which opened up opportunities for print methods. I intend to look at screen printing and laser cutting for the Lighting section, it will be interesting to see the research on what materials and inks can be used for high temperature surroundings

Fabric - Again an item which features in every room in the house, however as I am to keep the processes as close to Graphic Design as possible the bedroom seemed the best room to research production methods. I am initially going to look at Fabric processes I use, this way I know the relationship between the production and GD isn't too far apart. If other methods arise in the research then I will consider using them.

Kitchen

Ceramics - I have already started to look at some methods of printing on fabric, from an earlier brief, this was for mug printing, I need to continue this research and look at what production methods are used when printing plates and bowls, to fit in with the criteria.

Glass - This section will look at glass finishes instead of print production, so I can include engraving glass, this opens up new research opportunities and will add something different to the publication.

Fabric - I posted above on the bedroom section I will look at Fabric, again I am going to look at fabric but in the Kitchen section I intend to look at different things which needs to be considered in the design process, such as Heat sensitive and washable fabric, these option come in, in the accessories section for kitchen wear such as oven gloves and tea towels, agains something which relates to a current brief.

Bathroom

Plastic - Something commonly used in the Bathroom for different features such as shower curtains, the plastic also comes in different flexibilities so print methods would vary depending on the type of plastic.

Coatings - Rather than looking at wallpaper again, I have chosen to head this as coating, as the bathroom has a very wet environment and is continuously moist, special coating s needed to be taken into consideration to protect the different products.


No comments:

Post a Comment