Wednesday 19 January 2011

Geometric Patterns

I have found these on a flicker page, they are by Elijah Porter and I am pretty sure they are patterns on sheets of metal used as large pieces of art. These are very modern abstract pieces of art and he has exploited his deign to the highest potential, I feel by using a sheet of metal it catches the light and bounces off it creating a really nice different affect but he has also made use of the material by adding ripples to it so it is not flat, helping catch the light at different angles. Obviously I cant do this to my wallpaper designs however I can take from this the simplicity of the shape and arrangement of design with the potential use of one colour could really work in my favour.


Instead of looking solely at geometric patterns on wallpaper, I thought it would be really beneficial for me to see how else they are used around me. This geometric design is by Andy Gilmore, its really beautiful with the mixture of warm and cold colours, arched around one another and the combination of line really brings it alive. He has used colour to bring this simple pattern to live, where most people try to use imaginative shapes and layout again I have found the most interesting is found when we use a simple ides, something I must remember when I begin designing.



No comments:

Post a Comment