Friday 28 January 2011

Printing on ceramics

As I am designing mugs, I really want to be able to print or send off for my designs to be printed so I have decided to see the different ways in industry ceramics are printed and the different possible sources open to me. There are 5 different ways of printing on ceramics rather than explaining them all i have posted some video links which are quiet interesting to show the different processes.

Dye Sublimination


Transfer Printing


Screen printing - when I saw screen printing was a method used in industry I was very confused especially as I have not seen this process used on 3D but it is so simple and works really effectively.


Laser etching - At first I though this was a bit boring compared to the other processes, however this style has the potential to make some really delicate illustrations and we have a laser cutter at college so I could enquire about this, it would be interesting to add different processes to collection or even make a separate collection.


Digital Printing

No comments:

Post a Comment