Monday 14 February 2011

National Trust Mugs

From a set of 6 quote mugs, some of my designs are very similar to the style of this collection, from my research I have collected some really nice quotes about the woodlands and peoples perceptions of trees, I wanted to find a way of illustrating the mugs whilst still using the quote, these mugs have a really beautiful way of encasing the words. The stacking system of the mugs is also something to think about, a potential selling feature, it not only looks good on display but for storage this would be really useful as it doesn't take up much room.


This Cath Kidson mug is sold on the NT website, although its not specifically NT product I have posted this for the packaging, this mug comes in a tin which is a very quirky selling point. Something pretty and reusable is always a good reason to purchase, this type of packaging and matching design could work really well for my mugs.



These are from one collection the National trust sell in their shops, they are from the William Morris collection and sold individually at £13, from what I can tell all of this collection is based around different flowers, I don't particularly like this style is very old fashioned, the shape of the mug is very classical with the arch and shape of the mug, currently I am swayed towards a more modern shape, however this probably appeals more the the older walkers and members of the trust. What I do like about these mugs however are the little flowers that have taken from the whole design and put a small piece illustration on the inside on the mugs, this adds something a little bit extra and delicate to the mug, tying the theme together. This I feel could work really well with my mug designs and help incorporate the national trust symbol into the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment