Wednesday 9 March 2011

Type Development

I kept mentioning I wanted to start looking at type before making any design decisions, especially as I want the type to work as part of the image and not stand away from it. The style I want from these covers is definitely aimed towards the primary child audience, I feel the type and illustrations should reflect a child. This decision led me to look at hand drawn type, it will help keep my designs light and playful, I don't want a serious approach for this cover, I mentioned in an earlier post that the illustrators who had taken a serious style to the book cover had failed and not captured the child's imagination through the cover.

I really like all of these different designs, however at this stage I cant really pin point which do and don't work as non of them are in colour or have been applied to any sort of design. my next plan is to take these into illustrator to neaten them up and have a more professional touch to them.



No comments:

Post a Comment