Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sanna Annukka

Sanna Annukka is an illustrator and print maker from England her work is influenced by nature and childhood memories. I love her work its something I look at and think I wish I could do that, her work touches on two areas I am interested in for my design publication. Firstly I find her pattern work really inspiring, the way she used solid shapes and a limited colour pallet with he patterns I find really interesting. I definitely want to contact her and find out what inspires her work and how she approaches each brief.

On her website is posted some of her work, two I have posted below this first includes foil blocking something which I am researching into. I feel this is an important area for me to investigate, with my work taking a very defined path. The decisions on where and how to use decorative print is very important and can make a basic print turn into something expensive and special. Below is an example of this, the grey board and black print alone work well, but you can see the thought process she has put in and why she has used silver, they are really beautiful pieces of work.

I want to work with different and new materials as I mentioned in my rational, Sanna has produced a collection of different wooden ornaments which are for sale on her website. Wood is something I have never really considered but the use of it with her simple but detailed illustrations combined work really well. It would be really interesting to find out her inspiration for this,a s its not a typical stock to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment