Friday 8 April 2011

Mock up mug tree

So I have finalised on a mug tree I want to take forward to cut out in the woodwork room, it was necessary for me to do this firstly to make sure the gaps within fit a mugs through and can hang of securely and secondly I needed to ensure this design would be stable enough to withstand 4 mugs. The idea behind this mug tree is to link to the mugs and the concept together, the material will be wood and the mugs designs and textures of wood and illustrations of trees, what iI really like about this design is the holes within the design are part of the NT logo they are leaves from the acorn branch, these aren't 100% obvious as I have had to adjust them to have a hanger for the mug and to fit the mug, however I still feel they add to the concept of the mug tree. A second important feature to the mug tree is the coasters, these are cutouts from the holes where the mugs hang, this adds another product to the brief but also links to the preservation of the woodland in that no materials are being waisted. My next step is to make a template in illustrator to take to the wood room and discuss what is the best material for my design.



No comments:

Post a Comment