Tuesday 26 April 2011

WallPaper 2 colour experimentation

The second wallpaper in the collection will take a screen printed approach and be a medium to high quality. The design concept for this wallpaper is developed from bike routes and the patterns from tyres places around the routes. I posted earlier the routes I had designed at developed, I am now at the stage of experimenting with colour and themes. My immediate reaction to this first design was that it reminded me of part of Indian paisley patterns, rather than going straight into this with colours I have looked at different schemes and simply colours I like to see if anything else arise from it.

After experimenting with the different colours no theme has become apparent however I so have the idea of applying an irregular shape behind the pattern and reversing it out again the pattern to achieve a completely different look, this will also all to the feel of the hand craft of the screen printing.



No comments:

Post a Comment