Wednesday 27 April 2011

Wallpaper 2 colour experimentation

A second route I felt was strong enough to develop further is the below illustrations, I mentioned before the previous shape reminded me of an Indian paisley design, this pattern reminds me even more of as a paisley design and is much stronger than the previous pattern. Baring this in mind I have this time looked at the different colours which are typical of Indian patterns. This first colour of purple and yellowy green works really well, the flat purple is slightly too digital looking however I need to remember that it will be screen printed so it will have a completely different quality to it. I can also see gold working well with the purple to give a more expensive look to the design. the second colouring has been influenced around the colours of henna, this is something very typical and common from Indian design and is often influenced by paisley. However over all as a wallpaper and a pattern, these colours don't look as vibrant or scream Indian as much as the first.


Considering the fact vibrant colours seemed to work better than the paler and more neutral, these second two designs both use bright colours, this first has a clash of green on pink, two colours which I associate with Indian patterns and colours which have been popular when researching Indian paisley patterns. The second I have used similar colours purple and pink, I don't this this works as well as the first the colours are too similar and blend into one another, the designs seem much stronger when the colours clash.

No comments:

Post a Comment