Thursday 20 January 2011

The Museum of Nature

The museum of nature is in Canada, their collection ranges from specimens and animals, to wildlife and fossils. I found this picture in a book called 'Into Nature of Culture and wilderness' as soon as I saw it I thought wow, this surrounded forestry goes back for miles and its huge, it would be amazing to go to a place like this for some really good contextual research, but as it is hours away by flight I cant. However I find very interesting the preservation of the forest which I am assuming is mostly man made encased by quite an ugly structure close up, but looking back at the pillars getting further away it actually adds something quite beautiful to the forest and its almost dream like. This has given me the possible introduce something in relation to preservation to my work and not just woodland illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment