Tuesday 15 March 2011

Next

I want to get a range of different mugs from different shops, Next is another popular retail shop that sells mug collections which can be quite pricey. The first image combines the traditional 'homey' look with modern. I quite like the idea of the same print used twice, up until now I have been looking at making 4 separate designs but it looks more of a collection with the mugs been the same. However this isn't my favourite design and I feel the two sets could have more of a similar feel to them as they look quiet separate, so if I choose to take this route I must remember to make sure they all feel like a family of mugs not separate collections.


I like this below design, because the same pattern and colour has been used on all the mugs, but the colours have been used in different ways to make them all look different. This is a really good method for me to look at, again something I hadn't thought about previously and this would really benefit my work as only some designs are strong within collections, this is definitely something I am going to look at next.


No comments:

Post a Comment